They are both on a mission to help find a cure for diseases such as prostate cancer, blindness, and breast cancer.
Starting this Friday, July 8th up until the 82nd Major League Baseball All-Star Game on Tuesday, July 12, the Arizona Diamondbacks and MLB will be holding a series of events to raise money for various causes.
According to a MLB press release found at mlb.com, the league will be hosting the following events:
Friday, July 8
- Challenger-Champions Game @ Chase Field, Phoenix, AZ
- Jr. RBI Classic Opening Ceremonies @ Salt River Fields in Talking Stick, Scottsdale, AZ
- Starlight Fun Center Dedication @ St. Joseph’s Hospital, Phoenix, AZ
Saturday, July 9
- MLB All-Star Project with Rebuilding Together @ Arizona State Veteran Home, Phoenix, AZ
Monday, July 11
- MLB All-Star Arizona Diamondbacks Branch A Kieckhefer Family Legacy at the Boys & Girls Club of Metropolitan Phoenix @ Phoenix, AZ
- MLB All-Star Arizona Diamondbacks Vision Center for Innovation at the Foundation for Blind Children @ Phoenix, AZ
Tuesday, July 12
- American Legion Post 41 Viewing Party @ Phoenix, AZ
All proceeds will be donated with $5 million going towards well-known and local charities including “Stand Up To Cancer, Susan G. Komen for the Cure, the Prostate Cancer Foundation, Boys & Girls Clubs of America, the Arizona State Veteran Home and the Foundation for Blind Children” (http://mlb.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20110706&content_id=21485280&vkey=pr_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb).
Road Scholar Transport believes in giving back as well, which is why we created the 10 Million Miles to a Cure Awareness Campaign, in which we vowed to travel 10 million miles spreading awareness for various charities/organizations through our rolling billboards. Like the MLB, Road Scholar is helping raise awareness for the Susan G. Komen for the Cure, Prostate Cancer Foundation, American Foundation for the Blind, and many more. Check out Road Scholar’s awareness campaign at www.roadscholarawareness.org.
You can help Road Scholar and the MLB on their mission towards a cure by helping to keep the freight moving so we can continue to spread awareness. Visit www.roadscholar.com to learn more about Road Scholar’s LTL and truckload services and to get a quote today.
What do you think about Road Scholar and the MLB’s initiative to raise money and awareness for these charities?
Tags: 10 Million Miles to a Cure, All-Star Game, American Foundation for the Blind, Arizona Diamondbacks, Arizona State Veteran Home, awareness campaign, awareness trucks, AZ, cancer, charities, D-backs, Foundation for Blind Children, ltl, Major League Baseball, MLB, Phoenix, Prostate Cancer Foundation, road scholar transport, Stand Up to Cancer, Susan G. Komen for the Cure, truckload